Janet Prater Smith
318 Morton Blvd.,
Hazard, KY 41701
Phone: (606) 436-6360
601 Main Street
Hazard, Kentucky 41701
Mission & Community
Welcome to the Hazard/Perry County Chamber of Commerce and to the friendly community of Hazard, Kentucky. Our primary mission
is to promote new business and commercial growth as well as the
retention and expansion of existing businesses. While these standards
remain today, the Chamber office staff also works with the government of
the City of Hazard and Perry County to promote the common interest of
the community in order to enhance the quality of life of the residents.
Hazard serves as the center for education, communication and healthcare
for the area and surrounding counties.
Our community is a great place to live, raise a family, worship,
educate our children and to do business. Hazard offers practically any
provider of service that you need. As in most of Eastern Kentucky, the
main industry is coal mining, but the city is also focusing now on
attracting new industries. Our public school systems provide an
excellent education. Hazard Community and Technical College has its main
campus in Hazard. Bachelors and Master degree programs are offered
through the University Center of the Mountains, located on the Community
College campus. The Appalachian Regional Healthcare Medical Center is
located in Hazard. The excellent medical staff and health care service
providers are equal or above any you would find in larger cities.
We hope you make our town and county a center for all of your needs and business activities.
How Does the Chamber Help You?
- It provides you with an invaluable "networking" system that introduces member to new customers and new friends.
- It keeps you informed of business and community activities and issues affecting business in the Hazard/Perry County area.
- It brings together the creative energies of the business
community to accomplish major projects that cannot be accomplished
- It provides a Membership Directory at no charge, listing members by name and category.
- Workshops and seminars to help businesses. For examples in
Octoober '94 The Small Business Administration and the Chamber sponsored
the Business Development Week Program.
- The Annual Civic Night held since 1951 is sponsored by the
Chamber of Commerce. At this event, we honor outstanding citizens for
their contributions during the past year. We have also included two
Youth Awards based on the character of young people voted on by the
- The Business Appreciation Ceremony which began in 1996 is an
event where local members and non-members are voted on by Chamber
members as best business of the year in different categories. Reception
is held the fourth Tuesday in October.